As we head into cold and flu season, there are a few things we can all do to help fight the spread of illness. Remember to do the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer is good in a pinch.
- Keep your hands away from your mouth, nose, or eyes to prevent the transfer of germs.
- Clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces like counters, light switches, doorknobs, and remotes.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw tissue away and wash your hands.
- If you feel sick, stay home from work, school, or other activities and avoid close contact with others.