The Burlington Unified School District #244 has received a funding to provide a preschool program for 3 and 4 year old children.
Children will ONLY be enrolled based on criteria specified to the funding.
Applications should be mailed directly to Missy Nurnberger at 301 Neosho St, Burlington, KS 66839 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 30th with notification of acceptance by August 5th. Space is limited in the program and acceptance will be based on a weighted scale of the criteria requirements.
Children must be 3 or 4 years of age on or before August 31st, AND be identified using at least one of the following criteria:
- Developmentally or academically delayed based on validated assessments completed by USD #244 staff;
- Single Parent Families (at the time of enrollment the custodial parent is unmarried);
- DCF Referral (reason for referral must be documented and signed by the DCF agent);
- Teen Parents (parent was a teen when the child was born);
- Either parent is lacking a high school diploma or GED;
- Children qualifying for migrant status;
- Limited English Proficiency;
- Child is homeless;
- Income Level – Acceptance is contingent upon whether you meet the state guidelines for Free or Reduced Lunch benefits. This will be verified once you have completed an application for Child Nutrition Program Benefits.
IMPORTANT: If you do not meet any of the above criteria, there will be a limited number of peer model spots available. Spots will be awarded based on a lottery and there will be a fee of $150 per month (August through April) should your child be selected.
- The parent or legal guardian must provide the school with the child’s original birth certificate prior to being approved for preschool attendance.
- Physicals are required prior to attending the Preschool, and are available at the Coffey County Health Department.
- Prior to attending classes, the parent or legal guardian must provide the school with the child’s original immunication record.
- It is required that your child participates in a FREE early childhood screening on April 22nd or July 27th. Contact Missy Nurnberger at 620/364.5151 ext. 3110 to schedule an appointment.
For more information please call Missy Nurnberger, at (620) 364-5151 Ext. 3110.
Click the link to open the application: https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/1051/bes_preschool_application_fy2022-2023.pdf then download the .pdf to convert to a fillable form.